Danielle of @cacaoforcoconuts_ shares her refreshing take on a classic dinner time staple. Here she combines zucchini, vegan tofu spinach ricotta and Lil Bucks to satisfy your heart’s desires!
First things first you will mix all of your ingredients together minus Lil Bucks in a food processor to make the vegan parmesan. Then in order to prep for the lasagna you will preheat the oven to 375. Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?!
In an oven safe baking pan, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom. Create your first layer of zucchini (~4 strips), followed by a generous layer of ricotta, a spoonful of Lil Bucks and then more sauce. You will repeat the first step one more time for the next layer. 5. On top of the third zucchini layer, generously (and we mean generously you guys) sprinkle the vegan parmesan. Now bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Once you’ve formed lil balls with your hands it’s time to add the best part- Lil Bucks! Pour Lil Bucks onto a plate or into a bowl so you can roll each falafel ball in them. Then Air fry on 350° for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through and ensuring the Lil Bucks don’t burn. The falafels are done when the Lil Bucks start to look toasty!
Danielle’s vegan lasagna is sure to make you scream from the rooftops with joy! Please comment below if you made it or have any adjustments. I’d love to hear your spin on it and how you liked it!
Who said lasagna couldn't be a little fun? Danielle shares her super simple recipe for a vegan lasagna with the added twist of Lil Bucks! Reinventing comfort food one crunch at a time!!
- 1/4 cup original Lil Bucks
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Vegan Tofu Spinach Ricotta:
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced into long strips (~12 slices total, 4 each layer)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato basil sauce
- More Lil Bucks to layer throughout
In a food processor, mix together everything except the Lil Bucks. Once well incorporated, fold in the Lil Bucks. You can quickly pulse again but make sure not to crush the Lil Bucks. Set aside the parmesan until assembly. This becomes the top layer.
Vegan Tofu Spinach Ricotta:
In a food processor, combine all ingredients together. Mix until you achieve a “cheese-like” consistency. This will be layered on top of each zucchini layer.
Let's Make Lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In an oven safe baking pan, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom.
3. Create your first layer of zucchini (~4 strips), followed by a generous layer of ricotta, a spoonful of Lil Bucks and then more sauce.
4. Repeat step 3 one more time for the next layer.
5. On top of the third zucchini layer, generously sprinkle the vegan parmesan. You can save some to top with at the end too!
6. Bake for 30 minutes, cool and enjoy