Free shipping on orders over $50 📦 🚚
Fall Buddha Bowl
As the weather get’s cooler, and the days grow shorter, nothing beats cozying up with this warm Fall Buddha Bowl. A nutrient dense bowl that’ll fill up your belly and soothe your mind. Blanket, book and buddha bowl? I’m in.
Butternut squash is the mascot of fall. Is it not?? Every recipe should have butternut squash in it. And mix that with tahini, garlic and cumin… Wow just wow.
Fall Buddha Bowl
Fall is synonymous to the words cozy and bowl. Like honestly, what is better than a cool overcast fall day spent reading and cozying up with a warm fall buddha bowl. And this bowl has all of your fav seasonal foods like butternut squash, lentils, and quinoa. So grab your fav book and get comfortable!
- 1/2 a butternut squash, cut into half circles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup green lentils
- 3 stalks of kale
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Hemp seed (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Tahini (watered down If needed to drizzle)
- 2 tbsp Lil bucks Buckwheat - original
- 1/4 cup Broccoli Sprouts
1. Pre heat the oven to 350F
2. Cut butternut squash into 3 x 2cm thick half circles. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cumin. Bake squash for 20-30mins on a baking paper lined oven tray.
3. Cook quinoa. Fill a saucepan with 1/2 cup water, add quinoa, bring to the boil. Once boiling turn off heat and put the lid on. Leave for 20 minutes to cook.
4. Bring another saucepan of 1 cup or water to the boil, add lentils, cook for 20 mins or until lentils are soft. Drain the rest of the water, if any.
5. Chop kale into 2 cm thick pieces - discarding the stalks.
6. In a saucepan on a low heat, add coconut oil and garlic, sauté for 30 seconds then add kale and sautéed for 1-2 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Take off heat and set aside.
7. Finely chop parsley. When the quinoa is cooked, add the hemp seed oil (or olive oil), season with salt and pepper (to taste) and mix through the parsley.
8. To assemble, put the quinoa in the bowl in a section taking up 1/4, add the lentils next to the quinoa, the squash next to the lentils and the kale in the last 1/4 (as shown in photo).
9. Top with sprouts and original lil bucks buckwheat and drizzle with tahini.