Veggie Meatball Pasta
Introducing Veggie Meatball Pasta a la Anneka! There is nothing sexier than a big bowl of delicious and nutritious carbs. WE. LOVE. CARBS. Anneka from @tastyteaspoon creates a yummy vegetarian take on the classic pasta and meatballs.
Way too many yummy ingredients in this recipe. You’ve got chickpeas, flaxseed, breadcrumbs, OG lil bucks to name a few. Wow I’m way too excited about this dinner recipe!
Veggie Meatball Pata
Wow isn't this a beaut? It's like Anneka @atastyteaspoon can read my mind. I have been craving nothing but warm delicious comfort food. And this one checks all the boxes and keeps you on track toward achieving your health goals!
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp original sprouted buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- 1 box of your favorite pasta + sauce
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
2. Make your flax seed "eggs" - mix 2.5 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix together the chickpeas and flax seed eggs.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too sticky, add more breadcrumbs half a tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add a little chickpea liquid or oil.
5. Form the chickpea mixture into meatballs and place onto a parchment-lined baking dish.
6. In a 450 degree oven, bake the chickpea meatballs for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through.
7. Add these plant-balls to your favorite pasta + sauce combo and enjoy!